Monday, December 12, 2011

[Title of Blog]

In today's news, several video games sit on my plate as being some fantastic/sadly addictive. 
I finally got around to playing a 3 year old game... Mirror's Edge. Loved it. It's a lot of fun with great story to follow and amazing game play.
For those who don't know, it's basically a game where you're a female free runner, although in the game they just call themselves runners.
Anyway, it's a lot of fun and even though it's a few years old, the graphics, for those who care, are pretty good and the physics engine they use works really affectively. I loike it.

Now onto the behemoth of awesome that is Bethesta and their brand new installment of SKYRIM: Elder Scrolls V [5]
As an avid Elder Scrolls fan since Morrowind, I've found myself accustomed to the changes that Bethesda includes in each game.
Oblivion came out and I remember feeling the same towards that as I do this.
I think the gameplay is fantastic! The Duel wielding actions work near to seamlessly and as an addition to the combat system that has worked for the franchise in the past, I feel it is a great decision to include.
The scenery is always breathtaking, Especially Skyrim, the world you are dropped into is staggering. The attention to detail in building these worlds is astounding and never fail to amaze me. A new game engine gave them the addition of rivers and other really cool weather, nature, and atmospheric effects!
When playing it, I found myself noticing it being strangely similar to Oblivion.  I could just explore for hours and never get bored with the world.
I know I'm months late in dropping in on this game, but what with college, it's been difficult to write a blog about it.
Also, I love how the guards in Skyrim are just as quotable as the guards in Cyrodiil. It was truly something worth appreciating.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment